Doing Business in Ohio
These links from the Ohio Business Development Coalition highlight the advantages of starting and growing a business in Ohio.
Why you should start your business in Ohio?
Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur or current business owner, Ohio provides the perfect location to build a profitable business. Ohio has led the nation in new and expanded businesses for the past three years and continues to be committed to supporting business development and growth.
Favorable tax reform in Ohio
Making a commitment to eliminate a burdensome tax system, Ohio in 2005 implemented full-scale, sweeping tax reform. Ohio's new business taxation model meant a
reduction in tax burden of up to 63 percent in 2010.
Ohio's economic development incentives
Ohio boasts an impressive variety of incentive offerings to align with an expanding company’s financial needs. State and local tax incentives, grants and low-interest financing offer businesses the opportunity to reduce risk while encouraging investment in Ohio.
Benefits of doing business in Ohio
In Ohio, C-level executives achieve their professional and personal aspirations without having to sacrifice one for the other. Hear the business and personal perspectives of CEOs who live and work in Ohio.
Living in Ohio and the benefits of work/life balance
Ohio offers businesses an environment that makes it easy to foster work-life balance. The convenience of travel with short commutes from work to home lower stress and give more time to priority family activities.
Ohio's primary industries are:
• Advanced Energy & Environmental Technologies
• Aerospace and Aviation
• Agriculture and Food Processing
• Bioscience and Bioproducts
• Corporate and Professional Services
• Distribution and Logistics
• Instruments, Controls and Electronics
• Motor Vehicle and Parts Manufacturing
• Polymers and Advanced Materials
Visit the following for more information:
• Ohio Business Development Coalition
• Ohio Economic Development Association
• Ohio Department of Development
• International Economic Development Council
• Export Assistance
• U.S. Commercial Service/Export Assistance